Your Home Check HomeBuilder Program
Your Home Check has developed a homebuilder’s service program that utilizes new infrared technology which provides an “MRI” of the home.
How infrared works
- By operating the A/C or heating system, we create a temperature differential between the inside of the room and the inside of the wall or ceiling.
- All materials within the wall absorb heat at different rates which creates a thermal picture for us
- The camera then detects temperature changes less than a 1/10 of a degree so moisture, which is always cooler is easy to detect or an empty wall cavity.
What can infrared technology detect?
- Moisture intrusion- Wall and roof leaks
- Plumbing leaks
- Missing insulation
- Electrical problems
- Thermal loss
- Ductwork leaks
- Freon leaks in A/C condensers
Specifics on the process
- Takes about 45 minutes
- Before scheduling, we need power, gas & water & operational A/C & furnace and preferably the appliances have been installed but in some cases this is not possible.
- Minimal workers present such as painters, sheetrock repair or flooring
- After scanning there is a normal 48 hour turn around time in which we will do one of two things
- Email an issue report with detailed pictures to builder for repair
- After repairs are made, builder calls us back out to rescan and verify repairs
- End result is an infrared certification issued for home which will be emailed to builder
Request can be made via fax, phone or email
Allow 3 business days to schedule
See sample certification that will be emailed to the builder if no issue found within 48 hours. The home buyer can also be presented with a copy.
- We are on your team and understand that you want to build the most efficient and safest house possible.
- Your Home Check will help you control sub-contractor quality
- Reduce Homeowner comfort complaints
- Reduce Warranty call-backs
- Allow you to make repairs before home is occupied
- Be proactive and take advantage of the technology
- Protect yourself from the technology
- Independent 3rd party evaluation by Certified Thermographers
- Peace of mind
- Cutting edge technology has impact on our customers
- Demonstrates a commitment to delivering a quality home
- A picture is worth a thousand words
- Non-Destructive testing
- Peace of Mind
- Homeowner participation in problem solving and provide picture proof
© 2013 Your Home Check | Infrared images provided by FLIR Systems, Inc.